Career Opportunity in the travel industry (Kyushu)
- Travel agent
- Sales & marketing
- Admin / office
- Tour guiding (optional, not required)
- Expectation for expanded future role into management
- Full-time, permanent position (flexible options available)
- Previous experience not required
- Great opportunities for career development
- Interviewing now to start any time after August 2023
- Employment progression:
- Initial 3-month probation period, then;
- Two years Keiyakushain (契約社員), then;
- Seishain (正社員) subject to both parties’ agreement
- Kyushu resident, passionate about Kyushu, passionate about travel
- Japanese with advanced English skills or foreigner with advanced Japanese skills
- University or college graduate
- Computer literate, comfortable with office work and social media
- Confident with numbers (numerate)
- High level of attention to detail
- Confident speaking and corresponding in English with foreigners
- Confident speaking and corresponding in Japanese with guides, hotels, drivers etc.
- Kyushu trip planning; tour planning and arrangement
- Booking accommodation, transport, restaurant, activities, guides etc.
- Communication with clients by email (with AI support), phone, messaging, face-to-face
- General admin and office duties
- Online and social media sales, marketing and promotion; social media manager
- Meeting clients and travel industry professionals
- Occasional tour guiding duties (optional, not required)
Training and Experience
No previous experience is required but any previous experience will benefit your application. Travel agent license or tour guide licence not required. You can apply for this position whether you are already very experienced or if this will be your first full-time job. You will be given training and time to learn the skills required. You will never be asked to perform tasks beyond your comfort level. This is a perfect opportunity for personal and career development.
Salary & Benefits
- Starting salary: ¥200,000 ~ ¥250,000 per month (depending on experience)
- Insurance (including Shakai Hoken 社会保険) according to Japanese law
- National pension contributions according to Japanese law
- 14 days annual leave (after probation period) + public holidays
- Transport allowance
- Annual bonus after transitioning from Keiyakushain (契約社員) to Seishain (正社員)
- Additional fee for tour guiding duties
Kyushu Journeys HQ in Iizuka city (4 days per week). One day per week remote working. Periodic meetings with clients, local government representatives and travel industry professionals in or around Fukuoka city. If you choose to do some tour guiding, tours will be based on Kyushu island.
Monday to Friday 09:00 to 17:00 with one hour for lunch. Options for flexi-time. May need to meet clients out of usual office hours or occasionally on weekends and may need to work longer days in busy periods. Days working longer hours will be compensated with extra payment and/or time off in lieu. Flexible options to allow you to meet your personal and family commitments. Will need to hold company handphone out of office hours in case of client emergencies.
Trading name: Kyushu Journeys (https://www.kyushujourneys.com/) || Official company name: Gōdō gaisha (合同会社) Starbright Concepts || Travel agent license: 福岡県知事登録第3-873号 || Formation: June 2017 || Clientele: English-speaking visitors to Kyushu from overseas || Main business: Customized trip planning, group tours, various travel support services within Kyushu island Japan. Kyushu Journeys is owned and managed by a husband (UK) and wife (Japanese) team. Both have 20+ years experience in the tourism industry in Asia and extensive management experience. Currently employ one full-time internee. Looking for our next valuable team member (you!)
You are an outgoing and friendly person, hard-working, loyal, honest and fun. You enjoy traveling and meeting people. You want to learn new skills, try new things and develop yourself personally and professionally. You enjoy working as part of a team but are disciplined and responsible enough for solo working. You are looking for a long-term permanent position with opportunities for promotion and career advancement. You love to challenge your limits. You should be passionate about making new projects succeed. You want to be part of the team that takes Kyushu Journeys to the next level. You want to be part of an extraordinary company.
Apply for this job if you want a permanent long-term position with expectation of promotion to higher roles. The company owners intend to step back from day-to-day management in the coming years and are looking for a candidate who can gradually take over more responsibility as their experience increases. As your responsibilities grow you can expect your salary to increase accordingly.
Visa sponsorship will not be provided therefore if you a foreigner please only apply if you have a spouse visa or Permanent Resident visa.
How should I apply?
Email your CV in English to [email protected] and briefly explain (maximum 500 words) why you want to join Kyushu Journeys and why you are suitable for this position. Applications via Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp or telephone will not be accepted.